Academic Support Librarian – LCC
£34,326 - £42,155 pa
London College of Communication - Elephant and Castle
You'll contribute to the development and delivery of high quality and customer-focused library services, which support the academic activities of the University and its constituent Colleges.
Located at London College of Communication, key components of the role are:
- Managing a team, including an Assistant Academic Support Librarian and two Library Assistants and be responsible for providing professional leadership of the LCC Collections team
- Being responsible for academic support for photography and photojournalism courses.You will participate in course committees, programme boards and course monitoring, establishing constructive working relationships with staff responsible for curriculum development and the delivery of courses.You will be responsible for course liaison and collection development
- Establishing constructive working relationships with staff responsible for curriculum development and the delivery of courses
- Contributing to the development and delivery of high quality and customer-focused library services which support the academic activities of the University and its constituent Colleges
- Assisting in the provision of enquiry services and developing learning materials which encourage the use of resources and services
This role is full-time fixed-term cover for a secondment and is available until 30 April 2020. You will be working Monday - Friday, including the requirement to work until 8pm once a week/once a fortnight, during UG term time (and until 6.15pm once a week or more during the UG vacation).
Why choose us?
University of the Arts London (UAL) is recognised around the world as a leading institution for teaching and research in arts, design, fashion, communication and the performing arts.
Library Services is a University wide department delivering high quality services in support of teaching, learning and research.
With either a degree in Library and Information Services or equivalent, or a degree in any subject plus a postgraduate qualification in Library and Information Services, or equivalent, you will have demonstrable experience of working in an HE library.
You will create realistic plans to achieve the agreed deadlines and objectives of the role, plus your role will entail ensuring that all team members understand what is expected of them and that work is delegated appropriately, monitoring each staff member’s progress through the University’s probation and appraisal schemes.
For further details and to apply please click the apply button.
The closing date for applications is 22 April 2019.
At UAL, everyone's identity matters. We are committed to creating a supportive and inclusive environment for all our diverse students, staff, and the creative and cultural sector partners with whom we engage. We aim to take every opportunity to progress equality and diversity, and celebrate the enrichment this brings to our community.
Candidates are advised to submit applications early to avoid disappointment as we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the advertised closing date.