Acquisitions and Data Manager (full-time / onsite)
About Barnet Council
Barnet is a borough with much to be proud of. Our excellent schools, vibrant town centres, vast green spaces, and diverse communities all help make it a wonderful place to live and work. As a council we want to build on these strengths as we move into the future. We are growing and developing as an organisation to meet the challenges facing our borough and we are committed to working with partner organisations and residents to make Barnet even better. As an organisation, our staff are committed to Our Values: Caring, Learning to Improve, Inclusive, Collaborate.
About Barnet Libraries
Barnet Libraries’ Vision is ‘Libraries for Learning, Libraries for Leisure, Libraries for Life, at the heart of our communities’.
Barnet has 14 libraries. All libraries offer a range of books and audio-visual items for loan, study space, reading, learning and cultural events, self-service opening and community space for hire. Barnet also has an extensive digital library and a Mobile and Home Library service.
Key areas of our work include providing:
- a high quality and diverse range of stock
- a high-quality digital library service, including eBooks, eAudiobooks and digital magazines
- a trusted learning and information offer
- reading and literacy promotion
- an exciting events and activities programme
- a family friendly service
About the role
The job holder will be expected to:
- Manage the Acquisitions Team and E-Systems Officer to provide stock and support the operation of library technology.
- Advise and assist the Service Development Manager with the development of policies to manage resources in line with the principles of value for money.
- Assist the Service Development Manager in specifying IT requirements relating to stock provision.
- Research and prepare recommendations to maximise the effectiveness of stock procurement and ensure implementation as appropriate.
- Provide insight data for the Library Service, exploiting systems to record statistics. Complete returns as required by CIPFA and other bodies.
- Develop and deliver training in relevant subject areas as required.
- Experience of managing a team.
- Experience of monitoring and managing budgets.
- Understanding of financial systems and processes.
- Experience of delivering excellent customer services.
- Experience of implementing and ensuring compliance with complex legislative requirements, including safeguarding and health and safety.
- Knowledge of stock management and associated processes.
- Experience of using library and finance IT systems. Knowledge of data collection, use and reporting.
- Good general standard of education equivalent to GCSE Grade A-C in English
- High standard of numeracy and literacy skills.
- High level of IT literacy.
What we offer
- 30 days annual leave, plus public and bank holidays
- Flexible Government pension options, with contributions of over 26%
- Work-life balance options may include hybrid working, flexitime, job share, home working, part-time
- A vast range of lifestyle discounts from major retailers, supermarkets, energy suppliers and more
- Broad range of payroll benefits including cycle to work, eye care vouchers, travel and gym membership
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Employee well- being training programs including confidential employee assistance
How to apply
Click on the Apply button to go to the website. Read the job description and person specification before commencing the online application form. If you would like any further information about the role before applying, please contact Catherine Lusted, Service Development Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 17th February 2023
Interviews to be held week commencing 27th February 2023.