Acquisitions Executive Officer
Salary: Starting at £26,715 per annum
Starting at 30 days per annum, pro-rata
Civil Service Pension Scheme
This post holder will be responsible for assisting with the acquisition of books, newspapers, serials, TSO material and corporate subscriptions for the House of Commons Library, they will manage the annual renewals process for Research & Information, respond to routine requests for new titles and be the day to day contact for our suppliers. They will also be responsible for contacting external suppliers to request copyright permission. The postholder will also be involved with other areas of the section’s work as the section responds the demands of the Restoration and Renewal programme.
The Research and Information team delivers research, enquiry and information services for Members, their staff and House staff. This post is based in the Library Resources Section (LRS) of the House of Commons Library. LRS manage the House of Commons Library's parliamentary and non-parliamentary online and hard copy holdings. This includes online resources, journals and e-journals, books, newspapers, Official Publications and corporate memberships. The team is also responsible for the binding and conservation of library material and salvage planning.
The appointed candidate must have the following:
- An ability to maintain high standards of accuracy and excellent attention to detail. Adapts to change and is willing to take on new responsibilities to support the goals of the team.
- Good planning and organisational skills. Can prioritise, meet deadlines, and cope with fluctuations in workload. Takes personal responsibility for prioritising workload whilst ensuring a high standard of service.
- Excellent team working skills with the ability to work collaboratively and productively with colleagues and customers of all levels whilst upholding the principles of diversity, equality and inclusion.
- Annual leave starting at 30 days pro rata
- Civil Service Pension scheme
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Discounted membership of the in-house gym.
All applications must be submitted on a House of Commons application form, which can be found on the House of Commons website. More information on the role and the full criteria can be found on the job description. Please click on apply to view.