Assistant Academic Support Librarian – 5522
£28,839 - £35,205 per annum
LCC - Elephant and Castle, London UK
You will contribute to the development and delivery of high quality and customer-focused library services which support the academic activities of the University and its constituent Colleges.
The key components of the role are:
- Contributing to the development and delivery of high quality and customer-focused library services which support the academic activities of the University and its constituent Colleges.
- Being responsible for academic support for select courses within London College of Communication, currently including Design for Art Direction, Design for Management Cultures and Games Design, and participating in the promotion of resources, collections and services through effective academic liaison and information dissemination.
- Establishing constructive working relationships with staff responsible for curriculum development and the delivery of courses.
- Assisting in the provision of enquiry services and developing learning materials which encourage the use of resources and services.
- Working in the Special Collections team.
This role is full-time fixed-term cover and is available 07 October 2019 - 02 October 2020.
You will be working Monday - Friday, including the requirement to work until 8pm once a week/once a fortnight, during UG term time (and until 6.15pm once a week or more during the UG vacation).
Why choose us?
University of the Arts London (UAL) is recognised around the world as a leading institution for teaching and research in arts, design, fashion, communication and the performing arts.
Library Services is a University wide department delivering high quality services in support of teaching, learning and research.
You must have either a degree in Library and Information Services or equivalent, or a degree in any subject plus a postgraduate qualification in Library and Information Services, or equivalent and you will have demonstrable experience of working in an HE library.
For further details and to apply please click the apply button.
The closing date for applications is 26 August 2019.
At UAL, everyone's identity matters. We are committed to creating a supportive and inclusive environment for all our diverse students, staff, and the creative and cultural sector partners with whom we engage. We aim to take every opportunity to progress equality and diversity, and celebrate the enrichment this brings to our community.
Candidates are advised to submit applications early.