The College is seeking to appoint an Assistant Librarian to support the College Librarian in ensuring a high quality and efficient service to all members of the College.
The successful candidate will be a qualified librarian with a background in academic libraries, with experience of cataloguing and library management systems and good interpersonal skills. Responsibilities include deputising for the College Librarian, as required, and supervising the Library Assistants.
The post is full-time working 36.67 hours each week, Monday to Friday from 8.40am to 5.00pm, one hour is taken for lunch. The occasional week-end work may be required, either on a Saturday or Sunday, for gatherings, alumni week-ends and events.
The Library is housed in its own building and serves undergraduates, graduates and Fellows of the College. It also assists visiting scholars.
The Library has approximately 65,000 books, plus a large collection of manuscripts and early printed books which constitute the Library's Special Collections. The working library is open 24/7 to current members of College, and has self-service facilities with the provision of book return for when the Library is unstaffed.
The College Terms and Conditions of Employment provide for:
- 25 days annual holiday for full-time positions (pro rata for part-time posts), in addition to statutory and bank holidays,
- membership of a contributory pension scheme (employees’ contributions at the rate of 8% of gross pay), a salary sacrifice scheme is available for some schemes.
- College sick pay scheme that provides payment whilst staff are incapacitated due to ill health.
- The salary will be in the range £22,049 to £25,341 depending on qualifications and experience, payable monthly.
Other benefits include:
- Meal is available at lunch time at College expense,
- Travel to work loan scheme,
- Car parking in central Cambridge,
- Access to the College Gym and swimming pool,
- Various discount schemes are available from local traders
Applications should be via completion of an application form together with a hand written covering letter. The closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm on Friday 19 July 2019. Interviews are planned for the afternoon of Monday 29th July.
To download an application pack and for further information please click on the Apply button to visit the website or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications along with the covering letter should be addressed to the Bursar’s Assistant, Emmanuel College, St Andrews Street, Cambridge, CB2 3AP and marked “Strictly Personal and Confidential” or via email to email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is Friday 19 July 2019
The College is an Equal Opportunities Employer