Assistant Librarian, E-resources and Subscriptions
18.5 hours per week
Come and join the busy E-resources section of the Library Technical Services team where you will contribute to the management and delivery of library online resources for staff and students of the University.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
• Setting up new online resources.
• Monitoring, consulting and actioning subscription renewals, movements and cancellations.
• Troubleshooting access and linking problems.
• Disseminating information on issues that affect library subscriptions.
• Administering online supplier platforms and discovery systems.
• Fostering good relationships with suppliers and intermediaries.
• Gathering and analysing usage statistics for online resources.
• Processing Open Access article processing charge requests covered by library agreements.
Management of library online resources is a busy and dynamic environment and to succeed you will:
• Have a graduate professional qualification in library and information studies or a demonstrable level of practical prior experience gained in a similar role.
• Have post-qualification experience in a professional post and/or previous experience of working with library discovery technologies (e.g. resource discovery, link resolver) and/or administration of online platforms.
• Be able to communicate complex information in a clear and understandable way.
• Be competent in working with data.
• Be a proficient and confident user of Microsoft software, particularly Excel.
Working days for the E-resources section are Monday to Friday. This is a permanent, part-time post for 18.5 hours a week which can be worked across three days. Actual days to be worked will be agreed with the successful candidate. Due to new frameworks in place, some remote working may be possible.
Whilst this post is based at our Moulsecoomb campus, post holders at the University of Brighton may be required to work at any of the Brighton University campuses.
Due to current business requirements, this role is not suitable for a job share arrangement.
Closing Date: Sunday 24 October 2021
Interviews are expected to be w/c 8th November 2021.
The University is committed to an inclusive environment which embraces equality and diversity in our working, learning, research and teaching environment. We particularly encourage applicants from a Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) background because the university is underrepresented by BAME staff.
Further information about working for us, as well as the wide range of benefits we offer, can be found in the working with us section of our vacancies page.