Purpose of Role:
The aim of this role is to recognise and celebrate examples of excellence in LIS research particularly where it can have a meaningful impact on practice.
- Lead on the planning and delivery of LIRG sponsored awards and prizes as well as CILIP bursary opportunities at different points throughout the year.
- Write promotional content suitable for a range of communication outlets to invite award nominations and announce winners.
- Manage award submissions, ethical judging processes, and prize giving.
- Manage nominee data responsibly.
- Support the Events Officer in planning and delivering LIRG sponsored events.
- Good level of administrative skills, e.g. create promotional content to deadlines, good written communication, good record keeping.
- Committed to ensuring award judging processes are ethical, objective, and transparent. Experience in peer-reviewing research publications or recruiting staff would be desirable.
- Good understanding and ability to follow GDPR data management regulations.
- Good understanding of the value of reward and recognition in promoting LIS research practice.
For further information please contact Leo Appleton, incoming LIRG