As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for developing new business opportunities across multiple corporate sectors throughout the UK and Ireland, with a clear focus on the Library sector. Based in our Enfield offices, you will be required to understand and uncover client needs to ensure that Crown Records Management are introduced and are able to offer the best solution.
Your goal will be to develop insightful relationships with new organisations, individuals, interest groups, and industry bodies, to further the reputation of Crown and identify sales and revenue opportunities. To do this you will be expected to control your own working day and to attend meetings, conferences, and exhibitions, across the region. The position requires an individual to play an active role in key industry bodies.
Working to target, you will be required to deliver results. Hence, experience of working in a targeted role is essential.
• Generate new business opportunities with prospective clients by targeting Libraries in the UK and Ireland market
• Take ownership of the sales cycle from introducing Crown Records Management, generating leads, creating engaging proposals, demonstrating Crown’s capabilities, and undertaking presentations, to secure those opportunities
• Build a strong pipeline of relevant opportunities to deliver against the sales targets and ensure KPI's are met
• Build and maintain an in-depth understanding of Crown’s products
• Liaise with the sales/account management team, to ensure a smooth and professional handover happens between you and the team, keeping the client at the centre of our world
• Attend events to network and create leads, plus create interest in Crown Records Management
• Join and play an active role in approved industry bodies to keep Crown at the forefront of the records and information management industry
• Work with our Marketing team to identify leads gathered from meetings, webinars, and events.
• Use your market awareness and reporting on competitor activity to inform the sales process
• Be required to use your network to promote and cross sell other Crown Worldwide service offerings
• Experience within a similar role
• Knowledge of the Records and Digital Information Management industry
• Knowledge of the Library sector
• An ability to talk at all levels
o Networking skills, with proven ability to optimise both internal and external contacts.
o Interpersonal skills built on trust and reliability
o Communication skills, including verbal, written, and presentation skills.
• A track record of working to targets in a new business environment
• Proven ability to identify and develop new business
• Proven understanding of sales metrics and how to use them to build and plan for success
• Strong, repeatable and reliable sales methodology to plan and develop sales
• Experience of, and ability to operate successfully in, a solution sales environment.
• New business lead generation experience
• IT Literate, including Microsoft office applications including Word, Excel and Powerpoint software, in addition knowledge or experience with CRM systems.
• Self-motivated, driven by success and achievement with a high personal energy levels
• Good commercial acumen
• Attention to detail
• Able to work on own initiative and/or under direction from line manager
• Able to understand and comply with agreed procedures and systems
• Flexible approach to hours and travel
• Customer focussed
• Smart appearance and business dress sense
• Team player
• High service delivery ethic
What we offer
• Crown Worldwide offers an immersive experience into records management services, with the opportunity for working in a supportive environment alongside sustained learning, and progression within the wider Crown Worldwide family.
• Crown offers a competitive benefits package including enhanced maternity/paternity pay, health care programme, two paid days off to undertake charity work, birthday day off, free fruit, access to hundreds of exclusive discounts, and many other benefits.
Obligation of Confidentiality
The Employee agrees to treat as confidential all information supplied by or on behalf of the Company in connection with the Company’s business and all other confidential aspects of the business as defined in ‘Confidential Information’
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility of the jobholder. Certain features of this job are described in the above headings, but are not necessarily limited to the above written statements. They may be subject to review and Crown Records Management may include other duties, as assigned.