3 month contract! A specialist provider of legal education requires a Campus Librarian to be responsible for organising and managing the departmental operations to ensure the effective, professional delivery of the Library Service within their East Midlands Campus. Contributing to the work of the University Library Services team in monitoring and evaluating the service and informing on the strategic direction of the department. Contributing and participating in the Campus (management) team and supporting all services within the Campus and training students and staff at the Campus in the use of information resources, digital skills, and knowledge products. The East Midlands Campus is the newest and the library is smart and modern. It is a small but growing, Campus and the University is looking to develop a Technology hub there.
- Provide excellent levels of professional service to all clients, internal and external.
- Assist Campus management and Central Library teams in establishing the library and ensuring that appropriate resources are in place to support students and academic staff.
- Organise and manage the delivery of the library service at the Campus, in line with the University’s strategic objectives.
- Contribute to wider University initiatives and assist in raising the profile of the department with both students and staff.
- Manage the Campus Library team by overseeing performance, workloads and allocation of responsibilities.
- Deliver a programme of Library workshops, talks and research teaching/training sessions for both staff and students.
- Assist students and staff in resolving research queries from both hard copy and electronic sources.
- Ensure that legal compliance around provision, access and use of electronic and printed resource is communicated to students and academic staff.
- Manage the campus Library budget in conjunction with the University Central Library Team.
- Act as a subject specialist for allocated modules as part of the wider library services team.
- Act as a programme liaison librarian on designated programme(s), attend meetings with academic staff and update the wider library team on resource requirements.
- Raise the profile of the University and the Library Service at internal and external events such as Open Days.
To be considered for this role you will need the following skills and experience:
- Qualified Information Professional/Librarian.
- HEA fellowship or working towards.
- Demonstrable well-rounded experience in an academic or legal library or information service.
- Customer service experience.
- Use of library management systems and electronic resources.
- Previous experience of training users.
- Previous experience of line managing a team.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills