Would you like to help us build and grow our committee and advocate for academic libraries (HE and FE) and research libraries in the South West? ARLG-SW is currently looking for a Chair to join the group of volunteers currently running the network.
Taking on a committee role is an excellent opportunity to make a difference, be actively involved in your professional body and develop new skills. Previous committee work is not essential. The committee meets 3-4 times a year via Zoom online meetings.
- Chairing online committee meetings.
- Coordinating the activities of ARLG-SW and ensuring it meets its core offer and priorities.
- Contributing to suggestions for, and/or assisting in the organising of, future events and training.
- Acting as lead spokesperson for the network and representing the network at CILIP meetings and external events.
- Working with committee members to prepare the business plan and annual report.
- Liaising with the Secretary regarding communication with committee members.
What does ARLG-SW do?
ARLG South West (ARLG SW) is a regional sub-committee of the CILIP Special Interest Group, Academic and Research Libraries Group (ARLG). We represent library and information professionals living and or working in Gloucestershire, Bristol, Wiltshire, Somerset, Dorset, Devon and Cornwall as well as the Isles of Scilly. We aim to support library staff working in HE, FE and research libraries by providing opportunities for learning and networking.
In the past, we’ve organised events such as a UXLibs workshop and social media for customer engagement; Teachmeets in Bristol; a joint ARLG-SW and MmIT event in Exeter which focused on exploring digital tools to support learning & teaching activities, and webinars on evidence-based and patron-driven acquisition.
If you’re interested in finding out more or volunteering for the role, we’d love to hear from you. To apply, please tell us a bit about yourself and what you could bring to the role (max 300 words). Email Beth Lethaby, ARLG-SW Secretary, at email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: 30th April 2019.