Would you like to help CILIP expand into the worlds of Knowledge Management and Information Management and gain valuable professional experience at the same time?
CILIP’s Knowledge & Information Management Special Interest Group (K&IM) is looking for a new Chair for 2020. The K&IM group is relatively new, formed at the end of 2016, but it has 1800 plus members and is very active. There is a dynamic committee with support for communications, training and web, as well as excellent logistical support from the secretaries (Honorary and meeting minutes) and the treasurer. The group is in great financial shape, with several successful events and webinars under their belt. The Chair would be heading up a great group of people and joining an active group with lots going on, and with the opportunity to work with CILIP to bring more people working in the fields of KM and IM into CILIP membership.
For more information or an informal chat with the current chair please contact Denise Carter email@example.com
Further details are provided below:
Purpose of role: To act as lead officer for CILIP’s Knowledge & Information Management SIG (K&IM)
1. To co-ordinate the activities of K&IM and ensure it meets its core offer and annual priorities as set out in the business plan.
2. To act as lead spokesperson for K&IM and where appropriate, represent K&IM at CILIP meetings and external events and where necessary, organise alternative representatives.
3. To chair committee meetings and annual general meetings and be responsible for the smooth operation of meetings.
4. To work with other officers and committee members to prepare the business plan and annual report.
5. To liaise with the secretary regarding communication with committee members.
6. To maintain an effective overview of the financial position of K&IM and liaise with the treasurer on financial issues.
7. To be the key link between K&IM and CILIP to ensure professional issues relating to K&IM members are raised and to lead K&IM contributions to CILIP initiatives and responses to policy developments.
8. To promote the membership and benefits of K&IM and CILIP within the library and information profession.
The amount of time this role takes up will vary and may be 3-5 hours per week and during conference and other events may increase.
The Chair is a member of CILIP.