Purpose of role: To act as lead officer for CILIP North East member network
- To co-ordinate the activities of CILIP North East and ensure it meets its core offer and priorities as set out in the business plan.
- To act as lead spokesperson for CILIP North East and where appropriate, represent the committee at CILIP meetings and external events and where necessary, organise alternative representatives.
- To chair committee meetings and annual general meetings and be responsible for the smooth operation of meetings.
- To work with other officers and committee members to prepare the business plan and annual report.
- To liaise with the secretary regarding communication with committee members.
- To maintain an effective overview of the financial position of CILIP North East and liaise with the treasurer on financial issues.
- To be the key link between CILIP North East and CILIP to ensure professional issues relating to members in the North East region are raised and to lead CILIP North East’s contributions to CILIP initiatives and responses to policy developments.
- To promote the membership and benefits of CILIP within the library and information profession in the North East region.
- It is required that you attend all committee meetings (up to 6 per year).
- It is required that you attend the Annual General Meeting.
- For the role of Chair allow for a minimum of two to three hours per week - allowing for more time during the planning and run up to an event or committee activity.
- The Chair will normally be elected for two years.
Please contact our Secretary at email@example.com if you’re interested in this post.