Chair for CILIP’s new Disability Network
Do you want to shape and lead a new network for library, information and knowledge workers with experience of disability?
We are looking for a motivated person to Chair CILIP’s Disability Network, one of our three Diversity Networks, the others being our BAME Network and LGBTQ+ Network
Our Diversity Networks form a core component of Changing Lives, CILIP’s long-term programme of change and positive action. In collaboration with these Networks, CILIP will work toward our ultimate ambition of helping to create a stronger knowledge, information and library profession that is truly inclusive, representative and founded on the principles of equity and equality.
The Disability Network will launch in the first half of 2021. It will be free to join and open to CILIP members and non-members with experience of disability (broadly defined) and allies. The Chair will oversee the development of the full terms of reference for the Network and an inaugural work programme.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has lived experience of disability (self-defined)
- Is a member of our professional community
- Has proven leadership experience
- Is willing and able to commit the time and energy needed to get the network launched and functioning successfully
Role sharing will be considered.
Full role description.
Benefits of Chairing the Disability Network
- As the inaugural Chair, you will play a key role in setting the direction for the work of a new diversity network.
- Through collaborating with CILIP’s other Diversity Networks, there will be opportunities to develop your own learning and skills in terms of the wider equality agenda.
- Opportunity to shape a new Seminar Series alongside CILIP and our Diversity Networks that celebrates best practice and thought leadership across the profession.
How to apply
Please submit your application form by 12th March to: email@example.com
CILIP is committed to championing diversity, inclusion and representation. We particularly welcome applications from BAME, disabled, LGBTQ+ and male candidates, who have historically been under-represented on our committees.
As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity and inclusion, CILIP Board has set a organisation-wide goal of 20% BAME representation on all of CILIP’s committees by the end of 2022. To facilitate this, we are offering up to 150 complimentary memberships to library and information workers from BAME backgrounds who are duly selected to join a committee before the end of 2022.
We have introduced a concessionary rate which equates to a 40% discount on all categories of CILIP membership (other than student) for people with disabilities (self-defined).