CILIPinKENT is a sub-regional committee that exists within the South Regional Member Network. We serve the Kent region by organising several events each year, supporting CILIP members to gain chartership, etc. and by providing a bursary for those who require financial assistance to further their professional goals. Taking on the role of chair for the CILIPinKENT committee is a great opportunity to improve skills in teamwork, organisation, planning, budgeting, communication, and supervision.
CILIP in Kent – role profile for Chair
- Build and nourish relationships with library and information professionals across Kent
- Compile CILIP in Kent news and information for distribution to members with the support of the Communication Officers
Represent CILIP in Kent at external meetings and events
- Report CILIP in Kent activities at CILIP South East Member Network (SEMN) committee meetings and AGM
- Contribute to the SEMN business plan
- Provide input for monthly SEMN email bulletin
- Liaise with other sub-branch representatives, Candidate Support and Mentor Support officers to maintain awareness of events in the South East
- Maintain awareness of CILIP HQ changes and communicate to committee
CILIP in Kent committee work
- Compile a annual Chair's report
- Plan and run committee meetings with the support of the Secretary
- Maintain an overview of the financial status of the committee and with the support of the SEMN Treasurer.
- Monitor and review bursary applications
- Ensure the committee functions effectively with regular meetings and share work fairly among committee members.
- Align committee activities and events to the committee's remit
- Alongside all committee members, the Chair will generate ideas and organise events, such as Libraries Week, and devise content for communication via the committee's social media channels
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email Nora Camann, Chair of the South Regional Network, at firstname.lastname@example.org