The current chair of the Commercial, Legal and Scientific Information Group (CLSIG)'s term is coming to an end. The committee needs a new chair to guide it through as we emerge from covid restrictions.
The Chair is one of the officer roles for the Commercial, Legal and Scientific Information Group (CLSIG) of CILIP along with the Secretary and Treasurer.
About the volunteer role:
- Co-ordinates the activities of CLSIG and ensure it meets its core offer and annual priorities as set out in the business plan which is written by the Chair
- Lead spokesperson for CLSIG and where appropriate, represent CLSIG at CILIP meetings and external events and where necessary, organise alternative representatives.
- Chairs committee meetings for which attendance is expected. These are usually held online, but in the event that an in person meeting is required, advance notice will be given and travel expenses reimbursed.
- Chairs the annual general meeting (AGM) for which attendance is required
- Works with other officers and committee members to prepare the business plan and annual report.
- Liaises with the Secretary regarding communication with committee members.
- Maintains an effective overview of the financial position of CLSIG and liaises with the Treasurer on financial issues. This includes being a signatory of the committee's bank account.
- Provides key link between CLSIG and CILIP to ensure professional issues relating to CLSIG members are raised
- Leads CLSIG contributions to CILIP initiatives and responses to policy developments.
- Liaises with CILIP HQ regarding any required committee recruitment.
- Support wider recruitment efforts of CILIP and its work to continuously improve value to CILIP's members.
- Promotes the membership and benefits of CLSIG and CILIP within the library and information profession.
- CLSIG member* working in a role relevant to the commercial, legal, or scientific information sectors.
- Keen to promote the work of CLSIG members and represent the members to CILIP HQ.
- Computer literate – we make frequent use of email, and a shared Google Drive for committee documents.
- Able to maintain organised and up-to-date emails and records.
- Evidence of recent Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
- Evidence of good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Evidence of excellent networking skills.
- Previous experience of business planning is not required, training can be provided.
- Can give up to ten hours a month to the committee, allowing for more time around important events such as the AGM, or for business planning if necessary.
If you have any questions about the role, please do contact Chair of CLSIG, Alex, at email@example.com
How to apply:
Fill out the application form by 5pm, Friday 6th May 2022.
CILIP is committed to championing diversity, inclusion and representation. We particularly welcome applications from BAME, disabled and LGBTQ+ candidates, who have historically been under-represented on our committees.
*As part of CILIP's ongoing commitment to diversity and inclusion, the CILIP Board has set an organisation-wide goal of 20% BAME representation on all of CILIP’s boards and committees by the end of 2022. To facilitate this, CILIP are offering up to 150 complimentary memberships to library, knowledge and information workers from BAME backgrounds who are duly selected to join a committee before the end of 2022. This offer is open to CILIP members and non-members, so non members can apply for the role as long as they intend to apply for this complimentary membership if selected.