CILIP North East needs you!
CILIP North East are recruiting for new officers to revitalise our committee. This is a fantastic opportunity to shape how CILIP works in our region. Being a member of a CILIP committee is a great way to develop skills - from event organisation to web editing - and to grow your professional network. The CILIP North East member network committee organise a range of professional development activities and events for library and information professionals working across the North East region. We’re looking for more members to join our committee...we always need fresh eyes and ideas to enhance what we’re doing! We meet around 6 times a year and there are a wide range of ways you can get involved.
Please contact our Secretary at email@example.com if you’re interested in joining the committee and if you’d like to take on any of the vacant roles.
We currently have vacancies for the following role: Chair.
Purpose of role: To act as lead officer for CILIP North East member network
- To co-ordinate the activities of CILIP North East and ensure it meets its core offer and priorities as set out in the business plan.
- To act as lead spokesperson for CILIP North East and where appropriate, represent the committee at CILIP meetings and external events and where necessary, organise alternative representatives.
- To chair committee meetings and annual general meetings and be responsible for the smooth operation of meetings.
- To work with other officers and committee members to prepare the business plan and annual report.
- To liaise with the secretary regarding communication with committee members.
- To maintain an effective overview of the financial position of CILIP North East and liaise with the treasurer on financial issues.
- To be the key link between CILIP North East and CILIP to ensure professional issues relating to members in the North East region are raised and to lead CILIP North East’s contributions to CILIP initiatives and responses to policy developments.
- To promote the membership and benefits of CILIP within the library and information profession in the North East region.
- It is required that you attend all committee meetings (up to 6 per year).
- It is required that you attend the Annual General Meeting.
- For the role of Chair allow for a minimum of two to three hours per week - allowing for more time during the planning and run up to an event or committee activity.
- The Chair will normally be elected for two years.
Please contact our Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in joining the committee.