CILIPS Membership Officer
Salary £21,650 - £26,523
Full- time and permanent, working in office in central Glasgow or from home.
CILIP in Scotland are looking for someone to come and join their small team in Glasgow and support our members across Scotland whilst helping to deliver the aims and objectives of CILIPS and CILIP. You will support the Head of CILIPS to deliver the organisations’ Annual Delivery Plan including communications, membership support, advocacy and campaigns and events and training.
- Create regular online communications for CILIPS members.
- Develop content for CILIPS social media channels.
- Update CILIPS website and provide support for web editors in CILIPS branches and groups.
- Act as contact point for branches and groups and CILIPS wider membership.
- Work with the CILIP Marketing, Membership and Communications Team on targeting activities and engagements to drive membership growth and retention in Scotland.
- Contribute to policy and strategy development for CILIPS and the wider profession.
- Lead facilitation for CILIPS Council meetings.
- Attend various sector specific working groups and meetings.
- Provide administrative support for the CILIPS office including database and file management and financial administration e.g event invoices.
- Support regular campaigning and advocacy work.
- Support annual campaign and advocacy activities e.g libraries week.
- Support the delivery of professional development activities for CILIP members in Scotland including online learning, an Annual Conference and other one day events.
- Holds or is currently undertaking a First Degree or Post-Graduate level Qualification in a CILIP accredited course or holds Certification or Chartership of CILIP.
- Previous work experience in a library and/or information role.
- High level of IT skills and familiarity with commonly used packages.
- Demonstrable experience of using a wide range of social media tools.
- Knowledge of current issues and developments in the library and information sectors in Scotland.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Energy and enthusiasm.
- Relationship building skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Appreciation of the role of library and information services across the various sectors
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to carry out research and collate and analyse information.
- Can manage workload and prioritise tasks effectively.
How to apply
Company and Staff Benefits
Please following the application guidelines in the document above and send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Closing date: Monday 7th December at 17:00 hrs
Interview date: TBC but likely to be 14th January 2021
Quote job ref: MOCS/0620
An equal opportunities employer Charity no: 313014