Clinical Librarian – 2 days per week, remote (England)
Rare part-time role that can be done remotely anywhere in England for this NHS Trust. Innovative and friendly team delivering a highly valued service to medical staff.
- Promote and market the clinical librarian services across the Trust to ensure staff, and students on placement, are aware of the evidence-based resources and services available.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and local networks, encouraging collaboration and sharing across boundaries and across sectors (e.g. primary care, secondary care, social care and higher education).
- Exchange complex information with all levels of staff and students. This includes delivering critically appraised summaries of research evidence.
- Communicate with the library team, to update and train them on developments and best practice within the Clinical Librarian Service, for their professional development.
- Provide an enquiry service to answer complex, multi-faceted questions using clinical databases, electronic information sources and websites.
- Retrieve and appraise research evidence to support clinical library services, policies and procedures.
- Retrieve and appraise quality evidence and guidelines to underpin Trust(s) Policies and Guidelines.
- Provide research, best evidence to support clinical governance, services and developments in the care of patients.
- Provide an enquiry service for Hospital staff and students, with particular emphasis on supporting evidence-based practice, research and clinical governance
- Retain a digest of queries and answers to clinical questions to facilitate the sharing of good practice.
- Implement and lead projects to achieve specified results.
- Utilise ICT and new technologies and resources to support service delivery at the point of need.
- Degree or postgraduate qualification in Librarianship or Information Science
- Strong IT skills
- Strong information retrieval skills
- A minimum of three years previous experience of working in a Library
- Experience with online databases and information systems
- Experience of dealing with enquiries from users at a different variety of levels
- Knowledge of e-learning and the electronic delivery of information
- Knowledge of and technical competence with Library Management Systems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to establish and build effective working relationships with staff at all levels of the organisation
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Willing to adapt to the changing needs of the service