Purpose of the role
This is a volunteer role. You will work with other committee members to support the professional development of information professionals in the north-east region
- Work with other committee members to coordinate events, including digital events on behalf of the NE RMN including liaising with speakers.
- To promote membership and benefits of the NE CILIP member Network and CILIP within the library and information profession.
- Participate in discussions inside and outside of meetings (for example through email).
- Administrative tasks as part of a small team, for example, assisting with social media, committee communications, web pages or facilitating committee activities.
- Write content for our journal NE Links, our newsletter, blogs, website or social media.
- It is anticipated that you will attend six committee meetings per year usually in the North East although meetings currently take place virtually
- It is expected that you will attend the AGM which takes place once per year as well as regularly attend committee meetings throughout the year.
The amount of time this role takes up will vary. It may be 2-3 hours per month but other times it may be more, for example when planning events.
How to Apply: If you're interested in joining the CILIP North East committee please send a short statement (max 300 words) outlining your experience and attributes for the role to Leanne Young (CILIP NE Chair) email@example.com
CILIP is committed to championing diversity, inclusion and representation. We particularly welcome applications from BAME, disabled and LGBTQ+ candidates, who have historically been under-represented on our committees.