Purpose of the role: Ensure that our activities are marketed and promoted effectively and efficiently to our members and the wider Library, Knowledge, & Information Professional communities. This role is open to people who identify as LGBTQ+ or Queer.
- Developing and maintaining an overall brand for our groupthat will be reflected in line with CILIP brand guidelines for our outward facing marketing activities
- Ensuring that publicity about our events/activities/awards/products is distributedthrough a variety of channels in a timely and appropriate manner
- Regular creation, content management and distribution of an online newsletter using CILIP’s DotDigital system
- Collaborate with the wider digital team (social media, digital champion)
- Providing feedback to the Committee on progress in marketing activities
- Seeking to engage with members to develop a deep understanding and awareness of their views etc about the Group
- Looking to explore effective joint marketing activities with CILIP, including Regional Member Networks, SIGs and other Diversity Networks
- Continually assessing and establishing opportunities to raise the profile of the group
- Monitoring all communication and marketing outputs to ensure there is consistency and quality in how they are presented and in our responses.
- Undertake training and regular learning activities around the use of CILIP systems and governance
CILIP is committed to championing diversity, inclusion and representation. We particularly welcome applications from ethnic minorities, disabled and LGBTQ+ candidates, who have historically been under-represented on our committees.
Free memberships for library and information workers from ethnic minority backgrounds
As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity and inclusion, the CILIP Board has set an organisation-wide goal of 20% ethnic minority representation on all of CILIP’s boards and committees by the end of 2022. To facilitate this, we are offering up to 150 complimentary memberships to library, knowledge and information workers from ethnic minority backgrounds who are duly selected to join a committee before the end of 2022. This offer is open to CILIP members and non-members.
The amount of time this role takes up will vary and may be 1-3 hours per month and during events is likely to increase.
To apply, please send in the application form to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Committee Role Application".
OPTIONAL: If you choose to apply for this role, please consider filling out CILIP’s Diversity monitoring form at https://www.cilip.org.uk/page/committeeapplication. Completion is entirely optional. An option of ‘prefer not to say’ is included for every question. The form will be reviewed by Yvonne Morris, CILIP’s EDI Programmes Manager only. Anonymised data will be captured and the form deleted within a month of the vacancy being filled.
For an informal chat about the role, please email Deborah at email@example.com