Communications Administrator (maternity cover)
Certara UK Limited, Simcyp Division
Sheffield City Centre
Closing Date for Applications: 28th July 2019
Line of Management: Scientific Administrator
Position Type: Fixed term appointment of 12 months to cover maternity leave, with possibility thereafter to move into other areas
Hours of work: Mon – Fri, 09.00 – 17.00 with 1hr lunch
Holiday Entitlement: 25 days, plus statutory bank holidays
Salary: Commensurate with experience, plus pension contribution, health scheme etc.
We have an opening for a Communications Administrator to cover a period of maternity leave (commencing 2nd September 2019). This role involves joining our customer support team and helping champion the customer relationship management (CRM) database. It is essential that the individual can use their own initiative to source, verify and accurately record detailed information, as the client database is fundamental to our marketing and PR initiatives. The role requires close liaison with scientists and other staff on an ongoing basis so good interpersonal skills are essential. Due to the continuing rapid expansion of the business, the successful candidate must be willing to adapt as the role evolves.
- Educated to at least A-level standard, degree-level preferred;
- Initiative to research and verify information;
- The ability to handle multiple topics simultaneously and take responsibility for managing and prioritising the workload;
- Good interpersonal, organisational and communication skills, including a high standard of written English;
- An eye for detail and a concern for the accuracy of client information and an understanding of the need for confidentiality when dealing with sensitive issues and under the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Previous experience in a business-to-business client-focused role.
- Provide general customer support to clients, including providing access to Simcyp software and managing Simcyp members’ area accounts;
- Coordinate contract arrangements with academic institutions that license Simcyp’s products, Simcyp awards and associate members webinars;
- Filter and record pertinent communication exchanged between clients and the Simcyp team; including the compilation of internal reports from client visits and conferences;
- Issue e-mail shots to clients with details of forthcoming events, product updates and news items;
- Actively research and extract key business information on clients, potential clients, contacts and competitors from a variety of business publications and web sources;
- Maintain and enhance the current database of client contact details;
- Participate in the organisation of web-based events for Simcyp’s clients and academic
- Perform general administrative tasks (i.e. photocopying, filing etc);
- Assist other team members in marketing, events, customer support and other activities as
- Coordinate and announce annual Simcyp Grant and Partnership Scheme and liaise with
applicants/winning project associates;
- Provide support to Simcyp science team preparing materials for external Simcyp workshops and
Simcyp is part of Certara, an international company combining sophisticated research and development
from a team of dedicated scientists with a cutting edge software team to produce the leading Modelling
and Simulation tools used by Pharma for drug design. The tools allow the creation of virtual people and
the subsequent testing of new drugs within this virtual environment. The client base is a mix of major
blue-chip pharmaceutical and biotechnology organisations, Regulators and Academic centres of
Excellence. Simcyp is the global industry standard, consequently, there is a continuous requirement for
high quality people to join us, help in our expansion and share in our success.
Applications: Please click on the Apply button to reach the Certara Careers page and application environment.