Customer Service Librarian
Carmarthen campus (hybrid working with travel to other locations as necessary)
£31,406 - £35,326
- ABOUT US -
The University of Wales Trinity Saint David (UWTSD) is an employment-focused university, dedicated to ensuring students from diverse backgrounds develop the academic knowledge and practical skills to thrive.
We offer innovative teaching, state-of-the-art equipment and superb support across a wide range of learning locations and courses.
What’s more, we were listed as 13th for teaching quality in the Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022 and 8th in the UK for ‘Social Inclusion’ in this league table this year.
We are now looking for a Customer Service Librarian to join our Carmarthen campus on a full-time, permanent basis, working 22 hours per week.
- THE ROLE –
As a Customer Service Librarian, you will ensure excellent services are delivered to all library users across our campuses.
Taking responsibility for the day-to-day operation of front-line lending services, you will ensure that our libraries are places of learning where a diverse range of users can make best use of the space.
Managing library staff, you will ensure that all library services are co-ordinated across our multiple university sites. You will drive standards and ensure they are maintained to the highest degree.
- ABOUT YOU -
To be considered as a Customer Service Librarian, you will need:
- Previous experience of working in a library in a customer service role
- Evidence of, and commitment to, customer service excellence
- Experience of planning, managing and delivering customer-facing services
- Experience of staff line management or supervision
- Experience in the delivery of staff training with evidence of willingness to innovate in training and development
- Good understanding of, and commitment to, the use of technology to support the delivery of customer services
- Well-developed IT and digital skills
- A relevant first degree or equivalent practical experience that demonstrates relevant levels of knowledge and skills in librarianship, customer services and front-line services
- A professional qualification in Library and/or Information Studies
- BENEFITS –
- Annual leave entitlement is 28 days’ annual leave per year, plus 8 bank holidays and 4 University closure days
Our employees get access to a great pay and benefits package in recognition of their valued contribution including:
- Good pay and conditions; as an accredited living wage employer, we offer competitive pay
- Pension scheme membership from USS to provide benefits for you and your family
- Family-friendly policies that provide for flexible working, including additional paid maternity and paternity leave
- Career and development opportunities, including support to gain further qualifications
- Support for mental health and wellbeing, including occupational health and counselling support services
- Staff discounts on a range of products and services
- Travel schemes, including the cycle to work scheme
Other organisations may call this role Library Manager, Senior Librarian, or Head Librarian.
So, if you feel you could thrive and make an impact as our Customer Service Librarian, please apply via the button shown.
Please note, this application process does not include the option to submit a CV. Therefore, your application will be assessed based on your answers to the application questions only and, in particular, your Supporting Statement.
Closing date: 31st January 2022, 11:59pm