The Directorate of Learning Resources is committed to providing high quality, student-focussed front-line library services to all our users, both in person and remotely. We are currently looking to recruit an experienced and professionally qualified librarian to lead our Customer Services teams across our sites. Working with the Associate Director of Learning Resources – Services and the Assistant Customer Services Team Leader you will be instrumental in shaping the future direction of our service offer. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of successfully managing staff and services in a busy customer services environment and be confident in using technology innovatively to deliver and develop services for the future.
As Customer Services Team Leader you will be:
- Managing and leading a large team of librarians and library assistants to deliver high standards of customer care in a busy library environment
- Leading on developing User Experience and UX activities within Learning Resources, including formulating strategies to ensure that services meet user needs
- Managing spaces within the Library to ensure that they are appropriate for study, secure and faults are resolved quickly
- Contributing to the wider management of Learning Resources as a member of LR Leadership Team and by leading/participating in projects
You should have:
- A professional qualification in librarianship/information science
- Substantial experience working in libraries in customer-oriented roles
- Highly developed customer service skills
- The ability to manage and motivate staff and to build and lead an effective team
- Initiative, good organizational skills, and the ability to both work effectively at an operational level and to think strategically
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Proven ability to manage change
Online interviews will take place on Friday 4 December 2020.
Closing date: 11 November 2020
You will also enjoy the benefits of working at Oxford Brookes University with up to 38 days holiday, rising to 41 days holiday (this includes 13 Bank Holidays and Concessionary Days), a generous Local Government pension scheme (14.7% Employer contribution rate), cycle to work scheme and access to a variety of university facilities (NHS Dentist, Brookes Nursery, Gym and sports facilities).