Deputy Librarian (maternity cover) 37 hours per week
Until January 2022 or the return of the post holder, whichever is the sooner.
Salary: up to £28060 pro rata depending on qualifications and experience
The post covers a range of duties and is vital to the smooth and efficient operation of the Library, delivering a service to 1000+ students. In particular, you will be responsible for
- maintaining the children’s literature collection of the Library (c10,000 items).
- the social media output of the Library.
- the creation of marketing materials and documentation for the Library.
- the day-to-day management of the casual student helpers employed by the Library, recruiting and then monitoring their work and training.
- deputising for the Librarian.
General library duties also form part of the role, with returns, labelling, processing, chasing overdues etc. being important occasional duties.
As this is a front desk of the Library customer-facing role you will be the welcoming face of the Library, so good interpersonal skills are essential. You will also need to have a knowledge and enthusiasm for children’s literature and marketing. Previous experience in producing marketing materials and using social media in a similar context would be advantageous, as would previous management experience.
For a full job description and application details, please click on the Apply button.
All applications should be sent to Katrina Wilson, HR Coordinator, Homerton College, Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 8PH or to HR@homerton.cam.ac.uk
Closing Date for applications is midday on Friday 30th October 2020.
Interviews will take place on week beginning 9th November 2020.