Digital Champion (CILIP Government Information Group)
Location: Online / pan-UK
Salary: Please note that this is a voluntary position, and there is no remuneration related to the posts. Reasonable expenses will be reimbursed.
CILIP Government Information Group (GIG) needs you!
GIG is recruiting for a new member to revitalise our committee. This is a fantastic opportunity to shape how CILIP GIG works to serve the needs of our sector. Being a member of a CILIP committee is a great way to develop skills - from event organisation to web editing - and to grow your professional network. We meet up to 4 times a year. Committee meetings are held online, currently using Zoom.
We currently have a vacancy for the following role: Digital Champion
Purpose of role: To develop and maintain the Network’s web presence and to provide our email news bulletins.
1. Manage the Networks web presence using the CILIP YM system
2. Produce new content and write it in an interesting, appealing, and suitable manner appropriate for the web and other digital media.
3. Ensure the content of the Network’s website is accurate and up-to-date.
4. Coordinate the production of GIG’s eBulletins (email bulletins) using CILIP’s approved system (currently Dot Digital).
4. Keep up to date with YM and Dot Digital training materials provided by CILIP via the CILIP Champions group, and undertaking ongoing training, attending webinars and/or digital clinics.
5. Liaise with committee members regarding the development of web content and eBulletins
6. Attend committee meetings and training at CILIP HQ.
Full Job Description
It is anticipated that you attend all committee meetings (up to 4 per year - currently held virtually)
It is expected that you attend the Annual General Meeting.
The amount of time this role takes up will vary. It may be 2-3 hours per month but other times it may be more, for example when planning events.
How to apply
Submit a short statement outlining your experience and suitability for this role (Max 250 words) to CILIP GIG secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org). Closing date for applications is noon on Friday 24 September 2021 .
CILIP is committed to championing diversity, inclusion and representation. We particularly welcome applications from BAME, disabled, LGBTQ+ and male candidates, who have historically been under-represented on our committees.
As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity and inclusion, CILIP Board has set an organisation-wide goal of 20% BAME representation on all of CILIP’s committees by the end of 2022. To facilitate this, we are offering up to 150 complimentary memberships to library and information workers from BAME backgrounds who are duly selected to join a committee before the end of 2022.