Digital Project Manager (18-month FTC / secondment)
Salary: £49,000 - £55,000 (DOE)
- Hybrid working (with office space within the iconic British Library)
- 25 days annual leave
- Generous pension scheme (Employee contribution of 5%, employer contribution of 10%) including death in service benefit
- Access to CILIP’s Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff reward scheme offering a range of discounts at over 900 of the UK’s top retailers
- The option to buy up to 5 days additional annual leave
- Contribution to eye tests
- Paid for flu jabs
- Season ticket loans
An excellent opportunity for an innovative Digital Project Manager to make a major contribution to the success of the leading professional body for librarians and information professionals.
The Chartered Institute for Library and Information Professionals (CILIP) is the UK’s library and information association. We work to improve services, develop our members’ expertise and champion the sector. We are the only independent voice for the UK’s information profession. We are guided by our Royal Charter to develop and improve library and information services.
CILIP is a London-based charity with a friendly, hardworking team supporting our members in the UK and internationally. The role will project manage our Digital Transformation programme – enabling CILIP to harness new digital and data capabilities, streamline our processes, and deliver an efficient, seamless digital experience for users – as well as oversee our day-to-day I.T. requirements including project/staff support and management of our external I.T. partners.
The role will require you to:
- Manage the complete project lifecycle – including planning, resourcing, execution/integration, monitoring, governance, and benefit realisation – across all CILIP’s planned digital projects (Digital Transformation):
- Membership-management platform (CRM)
- Content Management System (CMS)
- Learning Management System (CILIP Learn)
- Finance/purchase order systems
- Community Platform
- Manage and mitigate risks in a way that keeps a project moving forward but protects the core idea and best solution for users.
- Maintain accurate documentation including project plans, schedules, progress reports and change requests.
- Ensure all projects are delivered on time, within scope and budget.
- Conduct project reviews and create detailed reports for executive staff.
- Manage the relationship with our I.T. support provider to ensure maximisation of a high-quality service for staff including logging, prioritising and resolution of issues; maintaining appropriate access to SharePoint; monitor licences and users.
- Enable/support CILIP members and customers to access our digital services (webinars, on-line training and other content)
- Support CILIP staff in getting the most from the systems and platforms being put in place through the Digital Transformation programme.
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of key documentation – e.g. digital asset and equipment inventory and records.
- Ensure cyber security optimisation including staff training and organisational password management software.
- Support the Director of Performance and Improvement to maintain DPA compliant Incident and Response Procedures and Disaster Recovery plans and working practice
- Liaise with CILIP’s IT support contractor to identify, plan and implement relevant improvement initiatives e.g. system upgrades, migration from VOIP call system to MS Teams.
- Provide cross-team support for the planning and implementation of projects, campaigns and activities where these will depend on CILIP’s platforms or systems.
- Work as a proactive member of the cross-organisational ‘digital team’, comprising users and stakeholders with responsibility for CILIP’s platforms and systems, including specifically liaison with Finance to ensure effective integration between financial and other systems.
- Undertake any required actions to ensure the smooth running and operations of systems and services under the I.T. and digital function.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with providers/suppliers, supervising on-site external engineers if required and to liaise with external support teams where necessary.
Download the Job Description here.
How to apply
Please send a CV and supporting statement highlighting your relevant skills and experience in relation to the Role Description by email to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 23.59 on Sunday 1st October 2023. Please note that we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis so would encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
CILIP is an equal opportunities employer and committed to championing diversity, inclusion and representation. We particularly welcome applications from people from under-represented groups.
For more information on how we are embedding diversity at the heart of CILIP and its work visit our website.
Close date: 1st October 2023 at 23:59 hrs
Planned interview process: following shortlisting which may include an informal Teams call to get to know candidates, we will hold a formal interview face-to-face at/near our offices in the British Library, London, NW1.
Equal opportunities employer - Registered Charity No 313014