An exceptional opportunity awaits an innovative forward-thinking librarian at American University of Sharjah in the United Arab Emirates. As part of the Library Technology and Technical Services, the successful candidate will manage web services in collaboration with other professional staff to achieve the library’s mission and goals.
Our Next Digital Services Librarian—Is It You?
The ideal candidate will possess a master’s degree in library science from an ALA-accredited school or equivalent and two years of experience from which the knowledge and skills listed below may have been acquired.
- Knowledge and understanding of best practices, current issues and trends in web services and emerging library technologies.
- Demonstrated experience in library website design and development, including the building and/or integration of a variety of web applications.
- A committed approach to library and information provision with a proactive approach to your own continued professional development and that of others.
- Knowledge and experience with PHP or other scripting language, XML/XSLT and SQL; familiarity with usability testing and web analytics.
- Experience with Library Services Platform and Discovery layers such as OCLC’s World share platform.
AUS offers a competitive salary, a three-year contract and a benefits package including housing and medical options.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae with the names of three references to email@example.com. Digital Services Librarian should be mentioned in the email subject line.
Not Sure About Applying, But Want to Know More?
Please email DigitalServicesLibrarian@aus.edu for more information.
About the AUS Library
The AUS Library aspires to provide access to excellent information resources and services to advance learning and research and to support the goal of AUS of being a world-class university. See our strategic priorities for our aspirations for the Library through the year 2021.