Early Career and Student Liaison Officer
Purpose of role: To join an existing postholder in the Yorkshire and Humberside (Y&H) Regional Members Network to actively liaise with recently qualified Library and Information professionals and students of Library and Information Studies.
1. To promote the benefits of CILIP membership to students and new professionals studying, working, or living in the Y&H region.
2. To plan, organise and deliver events and networking opportunities, including for professional registration, for new professionals and students in collaboration with the committee.
3. To report back on activities at Committee meetings.
4. To engage with new professionals and students to gain an understanding of key issues and feed back to the Committee to ensure that the CILIP membership offer reflects the needs of these groups.
5. To produce relevant content for the CILIP website and communication channels for new professionals and students.
Hours are flexible, and workload varies depending on committee activities. Approximately 1 to 3 hours a week, including attendance at the AGM and bi-monthly committee meetings (which take place either online or in Leeds).
• Work alongside experienced Information Professionals in many different roles from across the region.
• Provide evidence for Professional Registration criteria 3, and PKSB sections 12.5, 12.6, 12.7, 9.3, 9.4 and 12.2.
• Opportunities to attend events and training (development opportunities).
• A discount in CILIP membership dues.
• Travel expenses.
• Social opportunities with fellow committee members.
• Flexible working is welcomed, currently online meetings.
If you would like to learn more about this role, please contact Natalia Gordon, CILIP Y&H Chair (Chair.YH@cilip.org.uk).
If this role isn’t right for you but you would like to join the committee, please get in touch with the Chair.
Applicants are encouraged from all sectors and should work or live in Yorkshire or Humberside. CILIP is committed to championing diversity, inclusion, and representation. We particularly welcome applications from BAME, disabled, LGBTQ+ and male candidates, who have historically been under-represented on our committees.
As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity and inclusion, CILIP Board has set an organisation-wide goal of 20% BAME representation on all of CILIP’s committees by the end of 2022. To facilitate this, CILIP are offering up to 150 complimentary memberships to library and information workers from BAME backgrounds who are duly selected to join a committee before the end of 2022.