Role: Events Co-ordinator
Purpose of role: To oversee and manage events for the East Midlands Member Network, and to report back on activities to the Committee at meetings.
- To create an ongoing plan of events in conjunction with other members of the Committee based on priorities set out in the business plan.
- This includes the regular maintenance of the Events Calendar on the CILIP website.
- To co-ordinate events on behalf of the East Midlands Member Network Committee, including organising venues, speakers, bookings, liaising with customers and host authorities, along with other members of the Events team (Local Events Liaisons, and ad hoc volunteers from the rest of the Committee).
- To encourage members to get involved in organising events and provide support for them.
- To provide on-the-day support to make sure everything goes to plan and issues are resolved.
- To provide information to the Committee about events, including post-event evaluation.
- To maintain a log of past events to feed into the annual report.
- To assist the Treasurer by managing events’ finances.
- To prepare and distribute event publicity in conjunction with other members of the Committee responsible for marketing and publicity.
- To promote the membership and benefits of the East Midlands Member Network and CILIP within the library and information profession.
The amount of time this role takes up will vary and may be 1-3 hours per month and during events is likely to increase.
Committee members are expected to be proactive and to participate in committee discussions (usually by emailing list) between meetings and events.
If you would like to know more, or are interested in applying, please contact the Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.