The London Committee is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic CILIP member to join our friendly and vibrant Committee as our Events Co-ordinator. We seek someone to lead the delivery of events supported by other members of the Committee. The role also involves liaising with CILIP and other SIGs to ensure complementary events, working collaboratively to jointly host events of interest to more than one SIG where appropriate. Te to face. A full job description is provided below:
Purpose of role: To oversee and manage events for CILIP London Member Network
1. To create an ongoing plan of events in conjunction with other members of the committee based on priorities set out in the business plan. Linking events to CILIP’s PKSB.
2. To co-ordinate events on behalf of CILIP London including organising venues, speakers, bookings, liaising with customers and host authorities [along with other members of the committee].
3. To add events to the CILIP YM system and thereby ensure that paid tickets are in compliance with appropriate CILIP finance and VAT regulations.
4. To assist the treasurer by managing events’ finances appropriately. Ensuring, as a minimum, that ticket prices will appropriately cover administration costs
5. To co-ordinate with the Committee members to make sure that events are advertised in good time and to the right audience(s).
6. To provide on the day support (or ensure appropriate support is available) for events to make sure everything goes to plan and issues are resolved.
7. To provide information to the Committee about upcoming events, as well as providing post-event evaluations.
8. To maintain a log of past events to feed into the annual report.
9. To encourage members to get involved in organising events and provide support for them.
10. To promote the membership and benefits of CILIP within the library and information profession.
The amount of time this role takes up will vary and may be 3-4 hours per week and during events is likely to increase.