The Cataloguing & Indexing Group (CIG) promotes best practice, actively contributes to the development of metadata standards and formats, and provides opportunities for learning and professional development. The committee are pleased to offer CIG members the opportunity to apply for the voluntary post of Events Co-ordinator.
Closing date: 24th January 2020
JOB DESCRIPTION - Events Co-ordinator
Purpose of role: To oversee and manage events for the Cataloguing & Indexing Group (CIG)
- To create an ongoing plan of varied events in conjunction with other members of the committee based on priorities set out in the business plan.
- To co-ordinate events on behalf of CIG including organising venues, speakers, bookings, liaising with customers and host authorities [along with other members of the CIG committee].
- To encourage members to get involved in organising events and provide support for them.
- To provide on the day support to make sure everything goes to plan and issues are resolved.
- To collect, maintain and update events-related documentation in the group’s Dropbox account.
- To provide information to the committee about events, including post-event evaluation.
- To maintain a log of past events to feed into the annual report.
- To assist the treasurer by managing events’ finances and administering the group’s subscription to event related software, such as Zoom.
- To prepare and distribute event publicity in conjunction with other members of the committee responsible for marketing and publicity.
- To contribute to the planning and organisation of CIG’s biennial conference as a member of the CIG conference sub-committee.
- To promote the membership and benefits of CIG and CILIP within the library and information profession.
The amount of time this role takes up will vary depending on the number and type of events organised. A rough estimate would be 1 hour per week with this likely to increase during events.