Purpose of role: To arrange, oversee and manage events for the Yorkshire and Humberside (Y&H) Regional Members Network.
1. To create an ongoing plan of events with support from other members of the Committee.
2. To co-ordinate and provide on-the-day support for events including digital events (via Zoom) on behalf of the Y&H Members Network Committee.
3. To liaise with CILIP regional members to support local events, especially visits.
4. Update the Committee about events, including post-event evaluation.
5. To provide event feedback for the annual AGM report for the CILIP Y&H Members Network.
6. To work with the Treasurer to manage events’ finances.
7. To work with other members of the Committee to prepare event publicity, marketing and communication via email and the Regional Member Network social media channels.
8. To promote the membership and benefits of the Y&H Member Network and CILIP within the library and information profession.
Hours are flexible, and workload varies depending on committee activities. Approximately 1 to 3 hours a week, including attendance at the AGM and bi-monthly committee meetings (which take place either online or in Leeds). During events, this time commitment is likely to increase.
• Work alongside experienced Information Professionals in many different roles from across the region.
• Provide evidence for Professional Registration criteria 3, and PKSB sections 12.5, 12.6, 12.7, 9.3, 9.4 and 12.2.
• Opportunities to attend events and training (development opportunities).
• A discount in CILIP membership dues.
• Travel expenses.
• Social opportunities with fellow committee members.
• Flexible working is welcomed, currently online meetings.
If you would like to learn more about this role, please contact Natalia Gordon, CILIP Y&H Chair (Chair.YH@cilip.org.uk).
If this role isn’t right for you but you would like to join the committee, please get in touch, with the Chair.
Applicants are encouraged from all sectors and should work or live in Yorkshire or Humberside. CILIP is committed to championing diversity, inclusion, and representation. We particularly welcome applications from BAME, disabled, LGBTQ+ and male candidates, who have historically been under-represented on our committees.
As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity and inclusion, CILIP Board has set an organisation-wide goal of 20% BAME representation on all of CILIP’s committees by the end of 2022. To facilitate this, CILIP are offering up to 150 complimentary memberships to library and information workers from BAME backgrounds who are duly selected to join a committee before the end of 2022.