Purpose of role:
To oversee and manage events, and to report back on activities to the Committee.
- Lead an ongoing plan of events in conjunction with other members of the Committee based on priorities set out in the business plan.
- To co-ordinate events on behalf of LIRG, including organising venues, speakers, bookings, liaising with customers and host authorities, along with other members of the Committee.
- To provide on-the-day support to make sure everything goes to plan and issues are resolved.
- To provide information to the Committee about events, including post-event evaluation.
- To maintain a log of past events to feed into the annual report.
- To liaise with the Treasurer regarding event costings and finances.
- To prepare event publicity in conjunction with other members of the Committee responsible for marketing and publicity.
- Good level of administrative skills, e.g. create promotional content to deadlines, good written communication, good record keeping.
- Knowledge and understanding (or willingness to identify) the training needs of LIRG members or CILIP members in relation to research into practice
- Knowledge and understanding of event or training organisation and planning
For further information please contact Leo Appleton, incoming LIRG Chair: email@example.com