CILIP Yorkshire and Humberside Regional Members Network
Role: Events Officer
Purpose of role: To arrange, oversee and manage events for the Yorkshire and Humberside Regional Member Network.
- To create and maintain an ongoing plan of events, with support from other members of the Committee.
- To co-ordinate and provide on-the-day support for events including online events, on behalf of the Y&H Members Network Committee. This can include organising venues, speakers, bookings, and other relevant duties.
- To liaise with CILIP regional members to support local events, especially visits.
- Update the Committee about events, including post-event evaluation.
- To provide event feedback for the annual AGM report for the CILIP Y&H Members Network.
- To work with the Treasurer to manage event finances.
- To help prepare and distribute event publicity and marketing in conjunction with other members of the Committee. This includes the Regional Member Network social media channels.
- To promote the membership and benefits of the Y&H Member Network and CILIP within the library and information profession.
- Evidence for your CV of experience frequently sought-after by employers, e.g. management of events, budgets and volunteers.
- Opportunities to meet, work and chat with local information professionals in many different roles and sectors.
- Evidence for Professional Registration Criteria 1 and 3 and your PKSB (e.g. sections 8 & 12).
- Opportunities to attend events and training (development opportunities).
- Reduction in CILIP membership rates.
- Travel expenses for committee business.
Hours are flexible; workload varies depending on committee activities and time of year. Usually around an hour a week. During events, this time commitment is likely to increase. Plus, attendance at events, the AGM (may be online or in-person) and 4-6 committee meetings per year (usually take place online).
Please note: This is an unpaid position open to members of CILIP Yorkshire & Humberside only. See above for benefits.
If you would like to learn more about this role, or attend a committee meeting to see how we work, please email our Chair Laura Broadbent at Chair.YH@cilip.org.uk for a chat. If this role isn’t right for you but you would like to explore other opportunities to be involved with our committee, please get in touch.