Head of Information and Knowledge Management - any UK location with occasional travel to offices 2 year fixed term contract
We are looking for an exceptional candidate to join our client as the Head of Information and Knowledge Management, to lead a small yet diverse team on a 2-year fixed-term basis. This is an exciting time to join as a number of major programmes of work are beginning with investment going into the function. Candidates with strong information management backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Lead the Division in the formation and delivery of strategy, fostering an environment of engagement and transparency across the Division.
- Lead the Information and Knowledge Management team in providing information and knowledge management services across Major Projects and the supply chain. Understand and translate the strategic intent, policy and direction of the organisation's Information Strategy, in consultation with wider stakeholders.
- Lead and maintain strong, collaborative, working relationships with key stakeholders –including Major Projects Senior Leadership Team, Major Projects Professions Team, Major Projects Innovation and Development, and Major Projects Centre of Excellence, to ensure a strong understanding of business needs, to ensure that the requirements are fully understood and addressed at both project and programme level, to identify key areas for improvement, to share lessons learnt and to resolve complex issues.
- Direct all information and knowledge management activities across Major Projects to ensure optimum business benefit and alignment to corporate initiatives.
- Develop collaborative relationships with other external organisations including delivery partners, to foster collaboration, buy-in and develop networks to share lessons and experiences.
- Lead on implementation of the Major Projects Knowledge Management Strategy.
- Evidence of leading in complex, project and programme-orientated organisation
- Experience in leading a diverse team with a focus on well-being and supporting development.
- Evidence of managing suppliers alongside a team to enable effective and value-for-money delivery of services to the business.
- Experience in developing strategies and implementing change as part of information and knowledge management disciplines and driving continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of technologies available: document management systems, collaborative technologies, search engines and expert systems.
- Managing Successful Programmes