RTI Health Solutions, a business unit of RTI International, specialises in addressing the research needs of pharmaceutical, biomedical and device companies during drug development, commercialization and safety monitoring. We are currently seeking an individual who can provide librarian services for research projects (and proposals) that span different disciplines such as epidemiological studies, health economic and health outcomes research projects. These projects frequently include as a component (or the primary focus) systematic or targeted literature reviews, and health technology assessment submissions.
- Developing literature search strategies, for example, systematic literature reviews to support Health Technology Assessments (HTAs), based on proposal/project objectives and advice from technical staff, and translating the strategies into PubMed, Embase, Cochrane, and other relevant databases
- Implementing searches in various databases and managing organisation of database search results in EndNote
- Maintaining EndNote reference libraries
- Assisting in obtaining references and managing article retrieval
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge of trends in information services
- Developing an awareness of information sources and advising staff on these sources where appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree in Information and Library Management or Information Science, or a related degree and at least 3 years of experience
- Excellent knowledge of Embase, PubMed, and other medical literature databases, including advanced searching skills in PubMed and Embase
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a dynamic environment and perform duties that require close attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to partner effectively with a variety of contacts, internally and externally, demonstrating excellent organisational, time-management, and oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office and EndNote
- Excellent knowledge of National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) guidelines and requirements with respect to clinical and economic systematic literature review
- The ability to advise on best practices for HTAs such as study quality appraisal according to NICE and Gemeinsamer Bundesausschuss (GBA) standards
- The ability to advise on HTA guidelines and requirements for clinical and economic systematic review and maintaining an up to date knowledge of those guidelines and requirements
- Pharmaceutical industry or professional health sciences library experience
Our friendly team are looking forward to receiving your CV!