WHAT WE DO
We are the Independent Learning team for Leeds City College and we are here to support students to develop their independent learning skills and achieve personal goals. We are looking for someone to join our team in one of our vital ilearn Lead posts. We want you to lead on the implementation and delivery of independent skills development. We have posts available at our Printworks Campus and at Harrogate College.
Our skills, offered to the curriculum and their students, are tailored to fit different requirements and are selected from our overall offering, encompassing amongst others, a variety of digital, study and academic skills. Our ilearn Leads shape this offering with their site's curriculum to ensure the design and delivery of resources and sessions is appropriate and responsive to their needs.
The ilearn Lead role sits in our independent learning student leadership team. Successful candidates will play a vital role ensuring that our team is supported and line managed to the highest standard, enabling the service we provide, supporting staff and students, to run smoothly utilising contemporary approaches.
We are looking for someone who wants the opportunity to innovate and lead the way that independent study skills are promoted and delivered to different cohorts of students. We will also provide you with the opportunity to develop your leadership and management skills.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
• You will act as a standard bearer and advocate for the benefits and impacts of skills development using your experiences and views to drive our internal skills development strategy.
• You will be responsible for liaising with curriculum staff to ensure that the skills and opportunities we offer their students meet their needs.
• You will innovate in your team's approach to delivery and skills development taking the opportunity to utilise a blended approach where needed.
• You will lead, line manage and support the Printworks Campus/Harrogate College ilearn team to ensure they have the tools and skills to deliver on the curriculum's skills development requirements.
• You will manage a resource budget for the site working with teaching staff to make sure students have the study resources they need.
• You will act as part of our ilearn leadership team responsible for maintaining and managing our e-resources and discovery service.
You should have the experience and ability to communicate clearly with curriculum teams, external stakeholders and staff in an engaging manner.
You should be prepared to take risks, trying new approaches to solve problems and realise opportunities when they present themselves.
You should have some experience of line management and leadership + management in general; particularly in relation to supporting your team to develop.
You should have the desire to self-develop; displaying a can-do approach to your own continuous professional development.
You should experience managing finances or budgets ensuring value for money and impact of investment.
For more information and to apply for each of the roles, please use the links below:
Independent Learning and Development Lead, Printworks Campus (Ref:LCC2675A)
Independent Learning and Development Lead, Harrogate College (Ref: LCC2675B)
Closing date: 25th October 2021