We are seeking to appoint an Information and Records Coordinator based in Kegworth to join our Technical Services team at the Institution of Gas Engineers & Managers (IGEM).
IGEM is a Professional Engineering Institution, licensed by the Engineering Council, supporting individual members and company members in the gas industry, through continuing education, training, development and operational safety standards.
The role is to assist in the establishment and the running of IGEM’s ‘Knowledge Centre’
To provide highly accurate custodianship of the physical and digital collections for which you have responsibility.
We are looking for a self-driven, outcome oriented individual with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and commercial success. Mature, credible, and comfortable dealing with industry figures, academics, Government representatives and other key stakeholders.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Competently input to the system design for IGEM’s technical information & records system(s) e.g. Hydrogen Knowledge Centre’
- Optimise systems for storing and delivering digital content and follow technology trends.
- Manage the recording and archiving of Technical Services & Policy information to enable accurate referencing and retrieval of source material, enquiries and meeting notes
- Operate office systems to process work, index and maintain accurate, searchable records
- Support technical standards development and technical communications, including provision of technical content into the Gi Journal, all through quality information retrieval.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with partner organisations and external stakeholders to strengthen IGEM's ‘technical voice’ and maximise IGEM’s technical influence and authority
- Resolve information enquiries from both internal and external sources, providing written, face to face or telephone responses as appropriate
- Anticipate, research and report on current and potential information and records needs in support of future gas industry policy and direction
- Evaluate papers, books and other informational resources for consideration as additions to Knowledge Centre collections
- Publicise services to the constituency and endeavour to expand the use of Knowledge Centre resources.
- Liaise with the Knowledge Centre external platform provider as required
Please send your CV and covering letter to Sayda Lees-Manning at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is Monday 27th January 2020.