An ideal first professional post for early careers graduate! A national law firm requires an Information Assistant. This is a great opportunity to gain a broad range of skills and experience from working in a law firm. You will join an Information Services team that supports the legal and business research needs of the firm and get to work with up to date resources. The firm strives to create meaningful personal and professional development opportunities and offer flexible working in support of a good work-life balance. .
Main duties include:
- Carrying out legal research using online and hard copy resources efficiently and accurately to a high standard.
- Undertake and collate commercial research from a variety of sources.
- Updating catalogue and loan records through the online database.
- Assisting in the preparation and provision of current awareness alerts.
- Updating and maintaining intranet pages.
- Undertaking any other duties as required, commensurate with the level of the post.
To be considered for this role you will need to have the following skills and experience:
- Familiarity with Microsoft 365, including the ability to maintain databases and records using SharePoint.
- Ability to work with a wide range of materials, including databases, books, journals, and the Internet.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organisational skills and be able to manage own time effectively.
- A proactive, professional, and flexible approach to work.
- Ability to work on own initiative whilst maintaining a positive team spirit at all times.
- Accuracy in working to tight deadlines and able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Knowledge or experience of delivering excellent customer service, eager to help users.
- Keen to develop over a period of time with a willingness and ability to learn.
- Previous experience in a legal/ commercial or information service would be an advantage but is not necessary as training will be provided.