Based at Riverside House, Rotherham
Salary details: £28,672 - £31,346
Job details: Permanent, 37 hours per week
Closing date: 20 September 2020
Due to current Coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions we are following Government advice and this may result in interviews being held via video call.
We are currently looking to recruit an Information Officer to the Business Development Unit within the Adult Care, Housing and Public Health Directorate. Working in Housing’s Business Development Unit will give you the opportunity to contribute to the work of award-winning services committed to improving and delivering the best for Rotherham’s tenants and residents.
As part of the Business Development Unit you will have the opportunity to shape and develop the initial projects to deliver the units overall priorities of:
- Driving cross-service improvements
- Developing and promoting a culture of performance management throughout the service
- Promoting new ways of working that deliver improved outcomes for customers through digital channels
- Delivering Housing that supports independent living for more people for longer.
Within the Business Development Team you will be responsible for developing reports that provide insight into the Housing Service and inform the Housing Revenue Business Plan. You will be responsible for analysing housing management systems data to ensure it has been correctly input and processed as well as interpreting and analysing information to identify key insights and trends.
Please note we will shortlist according to the shortlisting and interview criteria from the job profile. The successful candidate will have:
- Proven experience as a data analyst
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings in a clear and concise manner to a non-technical audience
- Experience of using a range of computer applications and ICT including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, presentation software, internet and e-mail.
If you would like to know more about this opportunity please contact either Paul Elliott, Business and Commercial Manager (email@example.com) or Sue Shelley, Business Development Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org).
This post will have access to the Public Services Network, if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at the Basic level (unspent criminal convictions).
From 1st April 2017 to 31st March 2022 employees paid at Band D and above are subject to a temporary pay reduction of 1.15% spread out by means of a weekly / monthly deduction (dependent on pay frequency) from each pay period over the full financial year. In recognition of implementing this temporary measure, those who experience a pay reduction will be awarded of three additional day’s leave (pro rata for part-time).
For more information about the above post Click Here