Information Rights Officer
Salary: £30,985 per annum
Starting at 30 days per annum, pro-rata
Civil Service Pension Scheme
Interviews are expected to be held on the week commencing the 18th of November 2019.
The IRIS Officer is mainly responsible for coordinating and writing responses to requests for information made under information rights legislation (usually the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA) but may also include the Environmental Information Regulations 2004 (EIR) and Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA)). Training and support will be provided to ensure requests are handled correctly and responses are compliant with the legislation.
Other responsibilities include maintaining and championing proactive publication, working with service areas to raise awareness of information rights, as well as helping the IRIS service with projects to resolve information security problems and implement solutions across the House.
The Information Rights and Information Security (IRIS) Service is responsible for ensuring the House of Commons’ compliance with information legislation. The team promotes awareness and understanding of the legislation and provides advice to staff of the House as well as Members and their staff. The team is also responsible for information security for the House.
- Demonstrates an awareness of the information Acts and their requirements in the context of Parliament
- Demonstrates an understanding of the House of Commons information security policies or an awareness of the challenges faced by Parliament or other public sector organisations
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to work under pressure, work individually on a day to day level, and prioritise work to meet deadlines. Flexible in responding to changing requirements and circumstances
- Annual leave starting at 30 days pro rata
- Civil Service Pension scheme
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Discounted membership of the in-house gym
All applications must be submitted on a House of Commons application form which can be found on the website.
More information on the role and the full criteria can be found on the job description.