TWI is a world expert in engineering, materials and joining technologies. We provide industry with advice and know-how in design, fabrication, failure analysis and prevention. TWI manages and operates the National Structural Integrity Research Centre (NSIRC), a centre for postgraduate industry led study.
A new role is available at TWI for an Information Scientist/Abstractor to join the organisation at an exciting time, as the Information Services Team is expanding and developing services to improve customer experience. You will join a small friendly team providing a variety of information services and resources to TWI staff, individual and corporate Members, and NSIRC students.
The main tasks involved in the position are to assist with the production and development of the Weldasearch bibliographic database and to provide literature search services. Weldasearch covers the world’s published literature on welding and allied processes.
Responsibilities associated with Weldasearch include:
• Abstracting and indexing
• Editing abstractors’ work
• Reviewing both physical and electronic sources for relevant publications
• Database development
Other duties include:
• Answering enquiries
• Online searching using specialist databases
• Production of online industry news updates
• Service marketing and development
• User induction and training
• Mentoring, guidance and support to NSIRC postgraduate industrial research projects
Success in your application requires:
• A qualification as an Information Professional, or the willingness to work towards this qualification
• Excellent command of the English language – a reading ability in, and the willingness to work with, one or more languages other than English would be advantageous
• Experience working in a technical information/library environment would be an advantage
Other important skills are:
• Excellent computer literacy and experience of online search systems
• Understanding of library management systems and specialist information database design
• An awareness of information literacy
• Customer care and communications
• Project and time management
• Team working
• Accuracy and attention to detail
You will preferably be a member of CILIP: The Library and Information Association.
TWI offers a comprehensive training programme, incorporating both in-house and external courses to support the development of staff.
Closing Date: 2 September 2019
Reference number: 98/19
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Job Profile: Project Leader/Senior Project Leader, Business Services
Business Position: Professional & Senior Business Support
To find out more about TWI and our corporate culture please visit our website: https://www.twi-global.com/
If you have any queries about the role please email: firstname.lastname@example.org