TWI Library & Information Service
Granta Park, Cambridge
TWI is a world expert in engineering, materials and joining technologies. We provide industry with advice and know-how in design, fabrication, failure analysis and prevention.
A redesigned role is available at TWI for an Information Specialist to join the organisation at an exciting time, as the Library & Information Service team is developing new services to improve customer experience. You will join a small friendly team providing a variety of services and resources to a diverse stakeholder group; TWI staff, individual and corporate Members, and students, who are part of the National Structural Integrity Research Centre (NSIRC), a centre for postgraduate industry led study managed and operated by TWI.
The main responsibilities of this role are:
- Responding to enquiries and performing complex literature searches across multiple sources
- Outreach and service promotion
- Provision of information literacy training and coaching
Other duties include:
- Abstracting, keywording and editing technical content
- Collating and disseminating customer/industry/technology news
- Guiding and supporting NSIRC postgraduate industrial research projects
Required qualifications, skills and experience:
- A qualification as an information professional, or the willingness to work towards one
- Experience of using specialist information sources such as technical databases
- Excellent command of the English language
- An understanding of information literacy
Other important attributes and experiences:
- Time management, customer care and building relationships across organisational boundaries
- Experience of demonstrating the impact and value of information services
- Experience of working in a technical library and information service is desirable.
- Membership of CILIP, the Library & Information Association is desirable
Closing Date: 28 October 2019
Reference number: 98/19
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Job Profile: Project Leader / Senior Project Leader, Business Services
Business Position: Professional & Senior Business Support
To find out more about TWI and our corporate culture please visit our website: https://www.twi-global.com/
To apply, please click on the Apply button.