A well respected financial services firm that provides M&A, strategy and financing advice, as well as investment and wealth management solutions worldwide seek an Information Specialist to join their London team. The London Research team provides firm wide research and information services supported by an offshore team and handles a high volume of requests per month. Requests typically cover financial, company, industry and economic data. Most researchers develop a sector specialism and will tend to be allocated any requests related to that sector. The team also works closely with other overseas research hubs. This opportunity will enable you to work with an unrivalled global network of trusted professionals and decision makers
Main responsibilities include:
- Responding to quick and in-depth research requests submitted via the request management system or by email.
- Provide concise and compelling research, succinctly drawing out and articulating key messages
- Compiling sector and country quarterly/annual league tables
- Capture task and source information on the request management system for accurate charge back purposes
- Providing training to end users on desktop electronic sources, particularly interns and graduates
- Current awareness: producing industry news updates and setting up news alerts for individuals and teams.
- Liaising closely with the offshore information support team in India.
- Help to manage team workflow: responding to enquiries in a timely manner, negotiating deadlines and managing user expectations
- In conjunction with the market data team, assessing new information products and providing feedback on existing databases/products ahead of contract renewals
To be considered for this role you will need the following skills and experience:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience gained within a business information function in professional/financial services, law firm or other commercial environment
- Strong working knowledge of key financial sector databases such as Bloomberg, Factiva, Factset, Thomson One/Eikon, Capital IQ
- Prior experience of Mergers & Acquisitions databases like Thomson SDC, Dealogic M&A Analytics, and Mergermarket and would be an advantage
- Some knowledge of market research sources like Euromonitor and Mintel would be helpful
- Solid understanding of financial terminology
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications
CB Resourcing operates as both an employment agency and an employment business. Applicants will need to be able to provide us with proof of their eligibility to work in the UK on request.