Information Specialist / E-resources Librarian
Deadline: 24/02/2019 23:59
Salary Band: Grade 4. £27,441 - £30,490 per annum
(for this role appointments are usually made at c£28,000 per annum, depending on skills and experience)
Full time, 12 month fixed-term contract in the first instance.
The Royal College of Physicians, London is looking for an information professional to take up the joint post of Information specialist in the National Guideline Centre (NGC) and e-Resources librarian in the Library, Archive and Museum Services (LAMS).
You will play an integral role in the development of NICE clinical guidelines and the provision of electronic resource to support the RCP’s worldwide membership.
- Carry out rigorous systemic searches of medical bibliographic databases
- Participate in guideline committees and work with specialist technical teams
- Manage subscriptions and patron-driven acquisitions e-resources (bibliographic databases, e-journals, e-books) and print serials.
- Promote the library e-resources, answer related queries and respond to feedback.
- Participation in issue/enquiry desk rota, and provision of general library services.This includes providing the RCP’s central enquiry service, directing members and the public to appropriate teams or organisations.
- Postgraduate qualification in Information Science or Librarianship
- Good IT skills, especially in using Word, Excel and Library Management Systems
- Experience of searching electronic bibliographic databases, ideally medical
- Familiar with e-resource provision and usage, ideally medical
- Able to successfully negotiate with stakeholders and suppliers
- Working to a high level of attention to detail
- Organised approach with good time management and able to deliver to deadlines
- Strong inter-personal skills to interact professionally at all times within both departments and to provide a high standard of customer service
Benefits include 27 days annual leave, 7% employer pension contribution, free lunches, season ticket loan (access to this loan is after probation) and much more.
About the National Guideline Centre and Library
The National Guideline Centre (NGC) produces evidence-based clinical practice guidelines on behalf of NICE, specialising in guidance for acute and chronic conditions across a wide and varied range of clinical topics. The NGC is a vibrant, dedicated and enthusiastic team with a staff currently of around 60 people.
The library serves the RCP’s worldwide membership and supports the diverse work of the RCP though information services for staff. As part of the wider Library, Archive and Museum Services team (LAMS), the library preserves and promotes the RCP’s 500 year-long history through its unique collections. LAMS is a dedicated, dynamic and customer-focused team of currently 18 people.
Informal enquiries are welcomed, for more information, please contact:
Karen Reid – Library Services Manager – email@example.com
Lina Gulhane – Head of Information Specialists– firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the role and our benefits please view the job description and person specification available by clicking on the Apply button.
Closing date: 24th February 2019 (midnight)
Interview date: 5th March 2019
To apply for this role please submit your CV and covering letter which contains a supporting statement outlining how your skills and experience match the job description and person specification.