Ipsen is a leading biopharmaceutical group dedicated to improving lives through innovative medicines in oncology, neuroscience and rare diseases.
To achieve our Bold Promise, our Global Medical Affairs Services, Global Medical Information business is recruiting the best talent to join our dynamic and engaged team. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Interim Scientific Information Manager - Librarian.
The Scientific Information Manager will be responsible for the management of the scientific library database or portal, the associated processes and the scientific journal subscriptions at Ipsen. The role will have oversight of the scientific journal subscriptions and ensuring that these subscriptions are optimised and fit for purpose. This will include the management of the budget associated with maintaining a library solution, the associated subscriptions and copyright. The Scientific Information Manager will ensure sufficient end-user training is delivered.
The jobholder will be accountable for:
- Develop “trusted advisor” relationships with key internal stakeholder groups.
- Understand developments within key internal stakeholder groups to foresee future content and work-flow technology requirements.
- Prioritise responses to stakeholder needs to achieve maximum ROI on Ipsen’s content investment.
- Ensure library service effectively supports strategies and objectives of key stakeholder groups.
- Work in close collaboration with Ipsen stakeholders (users of the database and consumers of scientific journal articles) to ensure the database / portal optimally meet their needs
- Regularly review the scientific journal subscriptions at Ipsen with internal stakeholders
- Act as the main contact point with the database / portal provider through regular meetings to resolve any issues promptly and to remain on the forefront of enhancements.
- Develop and implement a strategic vendor relationship management approach, likely to in-clude continuous identification of additional value opportunities, leveraging vendor innovation and strategic negotiations.
- Analyse usage statistics to inform negotiation strategy and ensure optimal subscription vs. document delivery balance.
- Develop and implement vendor performance monitoring and improvement approach, e.g. through jointly agreed KPIs.
Customer Service & Training
- Remove barriers to usage, while staying within budget limits.
- Ensure in collaboration with the GMA Training Manager that sufficient training exist and is provided to ensure optimal use of the library database and/or processes as well as on related topics such as copyright and optimal search strategies.
- Ensure that access to subscriptions are clear and well communicated to the users
- Ensure support so that departments and affiliates can easily access and order full text articles
- Draft data driven business cases for additional budget, when appropriate.
- Establish and report on KPIs for the area
Process & Application Ownership
- Generally, act as the business owner for the Scientific Library database or Portal
- Optimise and maintain the library database or portal, working in close collaboration with IT colleagues and vendors to achieve this.
- Oversee and ensure that articles are optimally indexed and that value-added newsfeeds are provided to the business
- Reduce full text article ordering duplication
- Oversee the process for obtaining the appropriate copyright in accordance with business needs
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A Life Science or relevant library or information services degree.
- >4 years work experience in a similar role in the Pharmaceutical Industry
- Demonstrated experience in the management of a library dataset and the associated processes.
- A working knowledge of copyright requirements along with Vendor relationship management experience.
- Excellent written and verbal English language
The jobholder will be based at our Milton Park, Abingdon site with some travel to our Bath Road, Slough site.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, send your CV stating your day rate expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 8th February 2019