Junior or Graduate Researcher - Law
An international law firm that is headquartered in London and has interests spanning a number of different sectors has an opportunity for a Junior or Graduate Researcher to join their Research and Information team. The primary purpose of the of the position is to grow into a role where the successful candidate will support a range of stakeholders by providing a first class information and research service across the firm. It represents an excellent opportunity for a newly qualified Library or Information graduate to take their first steps in a legal information function setting.
The core responsibilities and objectives of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting more experienced members of the team in servicing research requests
- Gaining the skills, experience and confidence to manage more complex research and information requests
- Supporting on departmental projects covering information services, research and knowledge management
- Assisting in administration of the function to include filing, loose leaf and journal management, procurement and invoicing
- Assisting in the delivery of a current awareness service
- Participating in the training of new starters and experienced professionals in the firm
To be suitable for this role candidates will need to offer the following:
- Hold or be in the process of obtaining a Library or Information qualification such as MLIS
- The ability to demonstrate why a career as an information professional a legal or similar setting is the right career choice for you
- Strong communication, engagement and stakeholder management skills.
- The ability to manage conflicting priorities and stakeholder needs
- A demonstrable track record of showing initiative, solving problems and adding value
- An ability to learn new skills quickly and evangelises a knowledge sharing culture