Knowledge and Information Officer - Law
A prestigious international law firm has a requirement for a Knowledge and Information Officer, to support its Corporate practice. It will be working alongside a PSL, fee-earners, paralegals and potentially partners. The role is embedded in the Corporate Practice, but there will be opportunities to work cross-functionally with other Knowledge & Information Officers and the wider Knowledge & Innovation team. Key focuses will be collecting, summarising publishing and making content easier to find, and supporting on research enquires. In addition, the firm offers an extremely comprehensive training programme around the practice area.
Key responsibilities and objectives for this Knowledge and Information Officer include, but are not limited to:
- To work with and support PSL's, lawyers and potentially partners. Other stakeholders will include the wider knowledge and innovation team and other Business Services groups.
- Support a broad range of knowledge management work, current awareness activity, and provide research support to fee earners and other Business Services functions
- Knowledge Management - collect, summarise and publish to the firms Knowledge Management database and Intranet
- Managing research and enquiries - providing support, responding to enquiries and supply specific research as required
- Managing and evaluation of the available research resources and databases
- Undertaking current awareness activities including flagging of legal and regulatory change
- The provision of training
Suitable candidates will need the following experience and skills:
- Previous experience in a knowledge and information management role, ideally as an Information Officer or similar.
- Preferably experience in the legal or professional services industry, but this is not a pre-requisite
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Ideally an MLIS qualification
- Strong research skills and experience with electronic databases such as LexisNexis, WestLaw etc
- Ideally experience aligned to Corporate, but this is not a pre-requisite and training will be provided. A desire to learn the subject area is essential