Respected international law firm require a Knowledge Assistant to join their Bristol team.
Fabulous opportunity to join a growing knowledge team and play a key supporting role in the development of the firm’s knowledge function. You will have responsibility for providing day to day administrative support for all areas of the team, assisting with various projects and initiatives as needed. In particular, you will assist the research team and provide support for the intranet and client extranet services.
- Supporting the Research team including distributing news alerts and by managing enquiries primarily relating to company information, article requests, case searches and login queries.
- Managing the new joiners, transfers and leavers process for the team including distribution of welcome emails, login creations and administration of training.
- Assisting in the preparation and distribution of internal current awareness newsletters on the law; industry sectors and clients as well as managing the administration of these.
- Supporting the Resources Lead in management of the firm's hardcopy and online collection including administration of invoices and contracts, cataloguing, reviewing new editions and removal of out of date material.
- Running regular matter reports, checking for new matters, updating matter trackers and managing other pricing administrative and financial tasks for the Pricing & Process Lead.
- Assisting in the management of the firm's client extranet platform including administration of users, creation of simple sites and the review and archive of old client extranet sites.
- Helping to administer and develop the firm's directory of People and expertise.
- Supporting the Head of KM in the content review and development of the firm's intranet platform.
In order to be suitable for this role our client is looking for:
- A degree or post-graduate qualification in a library or information related discipline is preferable but not essential.
- Outstanding organisational skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines and be flexible in managing tasks and workload on a daily basis.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good understanding of information and knowledge resources, databases and associated technology is desirable.
- Good proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of applications is essential and experience of using collaborative and information management tools commonly used in law firms is preferable.
- Strong numeracy and budgeting skills and familiarity with procurement processes.
- Proven ability to form and maintain highly effective working relationships with all levels of seniority.