Dstl Porton Down, Salisbury - SP4 0JQ or Dstl Portsdown West, Fareham - PO17 6AD
At Dstl we protect lives. We take innovative Science and Technology (S&T) and use it to keep the country safe.
Dstl Digital provides a variety of business services which are diverse and complex in nature, and not all are standard in their support arrangements. These end to end services can be complex and made-up from many technical components, which come together to support business critical activities.
As a Knowledge Manager you will be an ambassador for knowledge management across Dstl. Your work will focus on engaging with stakeholders to promote the benefits of good knowledge management, supporting customers in the adoption of appropriate knowledge management tools and techniques, and providing advice on best practice to help realise these benefits across the business.
Dstl recognises the importance of diversity and inclusion as people from diverse backgrounds bring fresh ideas. We are committed to building an inclusive working environment in which each employee fulfils their potential and maximises their contribution.
We welcome all applicants especially those from the LGBTQI community, as you are underrepresented here at Dstl.
In this role you will:
- Advise customers on the most appropriate knowledge sharing or organisational learning tools and techniques to address their specific needs.
- Support the delivery of knowledge sharing and organisational learning activities.
- Support the delivery of bespoke knowledge management training to customers.
- Help identify focus areas for knowledge sharing across the business.
We are looking for someone who:
- Understands the benefits that good knowledge and information management bring to a business.
- Can articulate the benefits of good knowledge management to different stakeholders and tailor their message to their audience.
- Understands how organisational learning and knowledge sharing techniques can be applied to encourage best practice.
- Can organise and support the delivery of knowledge sharing activities.
Our work in defence, security and intelligence requires our employees to be UK Nationals who are able to gain a high level of security clearance to undertake the projects we are involved in to protect us from security threats. For this reason, only UK Nationals will be able to apply for this role. If you are an international or dual-national candidate, and you think you have the skills we need, please consider applying to any of our government, security or defence partners.
This role will require full UK security clearance and you should have resided in the UK for the past 5 years. For some roles Developed Vetting will also be required, in this case you should have resided in the UK for the past 10 years.